Calm – App Review
Calm is an app for sleep and meditation, and is the one of the best mindfulness app that can be used for beginners. It also consists of many programs for advanced and intermediate users. Apple itself has named it as the 2017 iPhone app of the year. It has been recommended by top mental health experts, therapists and psychologists.
This is a subscription-based app promoting relaxation via sounds, images of nature, sleep stories, meditations and more. The app features relaxing music, master classes, breathing programs, sleep stories and guided meditations, which can help ensure restful sleep, reduced anxiety and lower stress. It has Guided Meditation sessions that can be availed in spans of 3 – 25 minutes, so that you may pick the best video duration to match your schedule. There are various topics such as walking meditation, gratitude, happiness, relationships, concentration and focus, deep sleep, stress management and more.
There are more than 100 bedtime stories to lull adults to sleep. It has a Calm Kids section featuring meditations that teach calming techniques to children, such as loving kindness and belly breaths along with sleep stories for children aged 3 and more. A new 10-minute program is added each day to make it easier for you to go through your day or let you relax before going to bed.
- There is wonderful guided meditation, and many helpful features.
- It has a meditation calendar that can be used to track your progress.
- The user experience is fantastic, and it is a joy to handle this app given that it is well-designed.
- There are more than 30 soothing sounds of nature as well as scenes that can be used during Yoga or meditation. These can even assist you in sleeping well.
- You can set a reminder everyday and check how many minutes kids have meditated for.
- There are world-famous experts who teach Calm Masterclasses that can change your life.
- It is available in a free version although it is subscription-based.
- The app is certainly not one of the cheapest ones around.
- No Focus area, too much content for a beginner to get confused
- Some apps offer similar features in smaller scale but at negligible prices.
- You get automatically charged after 7 days!
With exclusive music to assist in sleeping, relaxation and focus; open-ended meditation, breathing exercises and more, Calm is one of the best apps around. There are 7 day programs for beginners and 21 day programs for advanced users.
Check out more meditation app reviews.