Headspace can help you to deal with everyday stressors, boost your alertness and improve your equanimity and span of attention. This is a mindfulness app that has guided meditation lessons spanning 350 hours. It actually teaches you the way to introduce meditation into your lives, so that it is effective for you. If you are really serious about beginning a meditation practice, it is impossible to mess up when you have Headspace around.
With this app, you can get spoken-word exercises designed for use for about 10 minutes every day. It starts with a pack of 10 free sessions with the initial download. There are brief meditations for those who are on the move, as well as SOS meditations that can prove to be helpful during crisis situations. After you take a few breaths, you can be aware of different types of physical sensations – like the contact of clothes and chair with your skin, your body weight and more. Then you have to focus on breath, and count it with each inhalation.
- You can try this app before you purchase it.
- Every session begins with a routine of “checking-in”, which lets you get settled and prepared for meditation.
- The app has meditation courses for personal growth, compassion, sleep, self-esteem, relationships, productivity, grief, anxiety and more.
- You can choose shorter sessions, which can make meditation habit-building far easier for you.
- Visualizations, analogies and cartoons explain the concepts of meditation quite well.
- It is possible to get a well-adjusted practice of meditation for about any particular focus that you might have.
- There are many limitations in the free version of this app.
- For people who are at an advanced level of meditation, the time limitation of sessions to 20 minutes can appear to be a setback.
Headspace might not have guided meditations for every situation, but its developers seem to have covered pretty much everything. The best thing about this app is possibly the fact that even if you are a beginner in meditation, you can understand its concepts quite well. This is a perfect app for people who wish to learn the ways to meditate but are not sure of what meditation is or how to begin with it.