Insight Timer – App Review
Insight Timer is one of the top meditation apps around, with 10 or more guided meditation lessons being added for free each day. You can browse many guided meditations to get into the habit of meditating, use ambient sounds and music tracks to relax and encourage sleep, use the community features and join into discussion groups. This is a free app but comes with purchases in-app, with each course being offered for 5 USD.
Meditating with this app feels like meditation with a community. Once you complete a meditation session, you can find out how many people were exactly meditating with you at the same time. You may set your location, and find meditation practitioners associated with the app near your location, and find out what they are listening to. There are Insight Courses that have 10 to 15 minutes of audio every day. The other courses for 10 days come at $4.99 each. You can follow a teacher of your choice and ensure that no new content from him / her is missed.
- It has a vast content library with almost 13,000 guided meditations available from more than 2,600 teachers on creativity, relationships, stress and other topics.
- If you would like to have a quieter meditation, you may set a timer and meditate to the sound of relaxing ambient noises or intermittent bells.
- There are many podcasts and free talks that can give you inspiration and advice about life.
- You can relax yourself and go to sleep by listening to the tranquil music tracks.
- It lets you track your own progress. The app has various metrics that offer meditation stats to you, such as the total number of sessions, detailed charts, milestones achieved, days with a single session at least, total number of hours, hours of guided meditation, hours with timer and more.
- The extensive collection of choices and courses might overwhelm you. You can appear to be slightly lost in finding the type of course that exactly matches your requirements.
- Expensive as compared to apps which offer similar features at much less price.
As a meditation app, Insight Timer ticks many of the boxes right. It can solve most of the challenges that come in the way of sustaining a meditation practice for most people out there. The app is supported by the Android as well as iOS platforms. It is available for download at the Google Play store and the Apple app store.