Mindshift – Meditation App Review
Mindshift is a great app for meditation and dealing with anxiety which is becoming very common in our everyday life. The key features, pros, and cons of the Mindshift app are provided below:
The key features of the app are as follows:
Developed by Experts on Evidence-Based Data
The app has been developed by a group of experts at Anxiety Disorder Association of British Columbia which is one of the world’s leading mental health organizations. The app uses evidenced-based data and techniques for meditation and dealing with anxiety. This means that the techniques recommended by the app have worked on a previous set of people and are more likely to work for you too.
Excellent Resource on Managing Anxiety
Mindshift is one of the best apps in the market to deal with anxiety. You can get excellent resources on different causes of anxiety and how it can manifest in your daily life. The app provides detailed and effective articles on anxiety and provides ways of coping with it. You also get a number of simple yet effective strategies to deal with and overcome anxiety in your daily life.
Mindshift provides interesting tools and skills for coping with anxiety which can be subdivided into 2 categories- chill out skills, and active steps. The chill out skills provide effective meditation and relaxation techniques which help to divert your attention from anxiety into other useful activities and thoughts. Active steps provide you the recommended behavior for preventing anxiety.
- Developed by group of experts and recommends evidence-based techniques.
- High-quality guided audio training and sessions.
- The anxiety questionnaires are very specific and help to identify user’s exact cause of anxiety.
- The app has a modern and elegant layout. The high resolution along with pleasant and relaxing colors provide a very soothing experience to the users.
- This app is completely free which is a great advantage.
- Most activities and sessions are in the form of text articles and not interactive in the form of audio or videos.
- Resources are little limited and the links mostly take you back to the developer’s website.
Mindshift is a good app to have if you are looking to overcome anxiety. Though the resources are limited, they are evidence-based, which makes them more useful and relevant to the users. The app is free and you do not have to pay anything to access the resources. You can consider using Mindshift for meditation and dealing with anxiety in your life.
Read more on how to use meditation apps for effective results here